Your BCxA staff has been busy over the past few months! Summer is over, and it’s time to gather up the association’s interests and harvest the autumn yield. Here’s what’s going on:
- Staff has been completing the on-site trainings for the 2016 and planning next year’s training locations. BCxA classroom trainings now include new instructors and more locations so that more attendees can reach the classes. Our webinars remain a top pick for continuing education and we have several more quality webinars to come in October and November Learn More.
- In its very first year our Online University Certification program has done exceptionally well. If you haven’t checked out the the BCxAUniversity.org website yet, do it now and share the link with others!
- Make sure you check out the Events Calendar and click on highlighted dates to see the many upcoming Chapter meetings, webinars, workshops and training opportunities available now and in the coming months.
Elections: Fall means election time for the Chapters and the International Board. If you’re interested in serving on one of our Boards I encourage you to talk to your Chapter Leadership or call the main office for more information.
Committees: With the Board of Directors’ initiative to become a Governance Board, BCxA Committees have become more important to the implementation of our strategic plan. These Committees need strong volunteers to help implement policies and communications from the BCxA. This is a great way to get involved in the Association and help to move the profession of commissioning forward. Here are opportunities for you to get involved right now:
- The NCBC Committee needs members to help shape the 2017 agenda.
- The Best Practices Committee needs members to help with revisions to the “Existing Building Best Practices” and with peer review of articles.
- The Professional Development Committee needs members to help find, create and review our webinar series.
For more information about committees and their functions supporting you and the BCxA, check out this page on our website.
Annual Fall Membership Drive: Although we work year round to recruit members to the Association, in the Fall we ask current members to help with recruitment. Your peer recommendation is very valuable – in fact, when we interviewed current members about why they joined, their number one answer was “Colleague recommendation.” Our goal this year is 5% percent increase in each Chapter’s membership. You’ll be hearing more about the Membership Drive in the coming days.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW! The “Silver Anniversary” 25th NCBC will be held, October 16-18, 2017 in Salt Lake City, Utah. We’re already developing a fantastic lineup of topics. Expect the Call for Speakers in January of 2017.