“The career listing on the website turned out to be a tremendous success. I’ve hired one individual as a result of it and I’ve also got an offer on the table for another. Listing on the BCxA site gave me a much more focused audience for my needs, and the quality of those three individuals was superb. The BCxA ad was a great value and I will certainly continue to use the website to post my career listings in the future.”
- Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Commissioning Agent, SGM, Glenwood Springs, CO
- Building Commissioner, Town of Barnstable, Hyannis, MA
- Mechanical Commissioning Engineer, Bowers + Kubota Consulting, Inc., Waipahu, HI
- Commissioning Agent, Heery International, Portland, OR
- Commissioning Agent, MA Engineers, San Diego, CA
- Building Envelope Commissioning Leader, Farnsworth Group, Denver, CO/Dallas (Frisco), TX/Atlanta, GA/Chicago (Shorewood), IL
Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer
University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI
The University of Michigan Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Department is seeking a Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer to perform both design-phase and construction-phase building commissioning activities. This is an exciting opportunity to apply electrical engineering skills to both the design and construction environment. The position is a 3-year term with a high potential for renewal or conversion into a regular full-time position.
• Coordinate with owner’s representatives, architects, electrical engineers, code officials and other stake-holders to assure development of Owner’s Project Requirements and Basis of Design documents.
• Lead design meetings. Clarify University design, cost, schedule and quality requirements. Assure adherence with University sustainability, energy conservation and LEED certification initiatives.
• Evaluate construction documents for completeness, correctness, compliance with the design intent, constructability, operability, maintainability, and conformance with applicable codes, standards and University guidelines.
• Evaluate project studies and calculations on lighting, power, equipment sizing, energy efficiency, and other electrical matters.
• Evaluate project budgets and propose value engineering ideas. Review contractor bids, submittals, and test reports for compliance with the design and budget.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
• Five years of progressively responsible technical experience in the design and construction of building lighting, power, telecommunications,
fire alarm, and other electrical systems.
• Demonstrated aptitude for working with electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Building and Electrical Codes, and related industry standards.
• Knowledge of architectural/engineering firm design practices and building construction management.
• Willingness to work in both an office and construction site environment.
• Significant experience creating documents using Microsoft Word or similar software. Experience with Microsoft Excel and other engineering
software related to electrical or mechanical design and commissioning.
For complete information and to apply for this position from the University of Michigan Career Website, click on the following link: Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer.
SGM | Glenwood Springs, CO
SGM is looking for a Commissioning Agent that has the desire to provide quality service, enjoys working in a team atmosphere and wants to be a part of a company that finds as much value in their employees as they do their clients.
At SGM, we believe in a company that fosters growth, encourages collaboration and offers merits for a job well done. We offer a competitive pay scale, vacation time, health care coverage and other reward programs to our staff.
SGM is a thriving full-service civil engineering, consulting and surveying firm headquartered in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. SGM’s nearly 100 employees live, work and play in the beautiful Rocky Mountain communities of Western Colorado. SGM’s success is built upon strong long-standing relationships with a solid base of municipal, special district, state and federal government, and private sector clients. SGM delivers responsive service and high-quality solutions in the areas of water and wastewater, water resources, transportation, structural, municipal, and civil/site development engineering. SGM also boasts a full-service land surveying practice and an MEP Team, delivering energy efficiency and renewable energy consulting services. SGM also has Colorado offices in Aspen, Salida, Durango, Gunnison, Grand Junction, and Meeker.
As an equal opportunity employer, SGM realizes that a diverse group of employees will bring a broader range of ideas and a stronger vision to the world of engineering and surveying.
Our Glenwood Springs Office seeks an experienced commissioning agent (CxA) to join our MEP team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce accurate and high-quality designs, including but not limited to:
• Candidate will need to provide commissioning services and possibly, depending on experience, some mechanical design support for a variety of projects
• These projects will have an interesting and diverse mix of commercial, industrial, and municipal projects. Self-motivation and strong communication is critical to success
• The candidate will have the benefit of learning from and working under very experienced senior commissioning professionals and engineers until such time they are willing and able to serve in a lead CxA role
• Self-motivated and strong communicator
Equally important to the technical competency is the ability to build and maintain strong, trusted relationships with a variety of clients, contractors and co-workers.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate are:
• Strong desire to live, work, and play in Western Colorado
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years of experience in commissioning, design, and/or service of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
• Experience in HVAC, BAS, lighting and lighting controls, and DHW systems, along with a general understanding of building codes and construction practices is required
• Eventually, if not immediately, the ideal candidate should be able to troubleshoot these systems
• Candidate must be willing and able to physically maneuver around confined and otherwise difficult to access spaces
• Strong verbal and written communication
• All projects involve a commitment to high-performance systems and therefore experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other high performance strategies is highly valued
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and the ability to learn and use new software
• Periodic travel around western Colorado is required
Additional/Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Preferably, candidate is a certified Commissioning Agent/Professional; however training is available if not
• Field and/or design experience with commercial HVAC systems, controls/building automation systems (BAS), test and balance (TAB), LEED, and energy management experience is highly value
Town of Barnstable | Hyannis, MA
The Town of Barnstable (population 45,000) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Building Commissioner. The successful candidate will serve as a direct report to the Town Manager and be a key member of the senior management team. This position performs highly responsible duties of a technical nature requiring considerable judgment in the application, interpretation, and enforcement of all building codes, zoning ordinances and various other applicable regulations.
Applicants must have knowledge of public administration and strong skills in planning, directing, and administering municipal programs. Assists the Town Manager in implementing programs and establishing policy directives, serves as the liaison and coordinates between town officials, employees, and citizens. Must possess the ability to work efficiently, build consensus and effectively communicate orally, in writing, and in presentations with all levels of government and the general public. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to supervision and budget preparation.
Must be a current licensed Building Commissioner or have at least 5 years’ experience in supervision of building construction/design; thorough knowledge of quality and strength of building materials and accepted requirements for building construction, fire prevention, light, ventilation, and safe exits. Class D driver’s and Construction Supervisor’s License required.
General knowledge of health codes, planning concerns, engineering issues, fire safety concerns and conservation issues as they related to site plan review..
Annual Salary: $87,805 to $96,944 dependent on qualifications. Apply on-line at www.town.barnstable.ma.us by May 5, 2017. AA/EOE
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6dv294r389hf5tzg
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
Bowers + Kubota Consulting, Inc. | Waipahu, HI
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is full service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a personable and entrepreneurial-minded mechanical or electrical engineer to join our commissioning team.
• Must have Professional License in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum ten years of HVAC design experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Excellent management, organization, communication (verbal and written), and initiative skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation
• Knowledge of US Building Codes
• Proficient in MS Office
• Able to conduct/direct/document onsite acceptance tests with contractors
• CxA/EIT/PE/LEED AP/CCP
• Knowledge of LEED Commissioning requirements
• Knowledge of photovoltaic systems
• Field experience in the A/E/C industry
• Experience writing specifications, reports, and commissioning plans
• Experience with functional testing and site survey services such as energy audits, HVAC system commissioning, and existing building commissioning
• Knowledge of contractor submittal review process.
• Mechanical contractor project management experience.
• Facility management experience.
• Business development experience.
We offer competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resumes and apply directly online at www.bowersandkubota.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Heery seeks a Commissioning Agent with proven construction project experience to support a hi-tech manufacturing plant project in Portland, OR. Candidates will demonstrate strong self-motivation, excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of MEP building systems and commissioning processes. The Commissioning Agent will provide oversight of commissioning projects and will direct and administer the systematic process for commissioning building services from concept design through functional testing of systems to post occupancy verification. Also, verifies that designed, installed and tested plant and equipment satisfies the environmental performance criteria specified and meets the client’s operational needs through all operational seasons. Is an objective, third party Building Services advocate acts in a staff advisory capacity of the Owner who exercises discretion and independent thought in fulfilling the role. Will report to the Senior Commissioning Agent and Operations Manager and will assist with, training and development. Provide commissioning related services and QA/QC on project sites as assigned by Operations Manager.
3-5 years of experience in the building commissioning process, start-up, facilities management operations, controls systems, test and balance or MEP installation supervision activities strongly desired.
Sustainable energy and facilities assessments experience a plus.
BCA CCP, CEM, and LEED accreditation, or a P.E. in M/E and OSHA 10 safety certifications all beneficial but not required.
Mission Critical or Industrial commissioning process understanding beneficial for this potential position.
Predominately based in Portland but travel to project sites throughout western states will be required.
Associates Degree in Engineering or related is desired but not required.
Please apply directly via our Heery career page here
Heery International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
MA Engineers | San Diego, CA
MA Engineers is actively seeking a Commissioning Agent for immediate employment. This position is responsible for managing and implementing the commissioning process for various hospital, military, commercial and school projects. Cx Agent will ensure that equipment and systems are functioning at the efficiency level for which they were designed.
Must have an understanding of the following areas; mechanical systems & associated automated controls, lighting and lighting controls, domestic hot water systems, renewables (e.g. photovoltaic).
Fundamental duties include but are not limited to;
• Serving as the commissioning authority.
• Leading, reviewing, and overseeing the completion of commissioning process activities.
• Review of the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR). As required, assistance to the owner with the development of the OPR.
• Review of the Basis of Design (BOD).
• Development and implementation of commissioning plans.
• Ensuring commissioning requirements are incorporated into the construction documents (specifications). This includes either providing commissioning specification language or reviewing owner supplied specifications and providing comment.
• Review of design documents prior to mid-construction documents phase and back-checking in subsequent design submissions.
• Review of contractor submittals applicable to systems being commissioned for compliance with the OPR and BOD.
• Observation and direction of factory based performance testing as required.
• Development of prefunctional checklists to document proper equipment installation and startup.
• Supervision and support for the completion of prefunctional documentation by the sub-contractors.
• Development and execution of functional performance test procedures for the commissioned systems, leading the testing effort with assistance by the appropriate sub-contractors.
• Development and maintaining of commissioning issues log for issues identified during installation and startup as well as during functional performance testing.
• Preparation of final commissioning reports documenting the commissioning process, deficiencies identified and corrected, and any outstanding issues.
• Development of systems manuals providing operating staff the information needed to understand and optimally operate the commissioned systems.
• Verification requirements for training operating personnel and building occupants are completed.
• Review of building operation within 10 months after substantial completion with O&M staff and occupants. Include a plan for resolution of outstanding commissioning-related issues
Should be familiar with LEED (Energy & Atmosphere Prerequisite 1 – Fundamental Building Systems Commissioning, Energy & Atmosphere Credit 3 – Enhanced Commissioning, CA Title 24 Part 6, CA Title 24 Part 11, and NAVFAC requirements).
• 401K Plan
• Full Health/Dental/Vision
• Vacation/Sick time
• Location: San Diego, CA, USA
• Compensation: based on experience
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Envelope Commissioning Leader
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices.
The person hired in this role will work with our Architects and Engineers nationwide to deliver building envelope commissioning (BECx) and asset management services to our clients. We are searching for a dynamic and energetic personality as a team leader to help create, manage, and produce exciting projects for municipal, recreational, higher education, healthcare, Federal and other high profile institutional clients.
Qualified candidates will market and manage multi-disciplinary teams for high profile projects. Client service skill and focus are paramount.
Travel requirements may range from 25 to 50 percent as projects for BECx or condition assessment may be located across the nation or occasionally in international locations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering; technical degrees or equivalent experience will be considered
• Registered Architect, NCARB preferred but not required
• Experience with building envelope commissioning (BECx) and envelope testing
• Experience in facility condition assessment and asset management systems
• 5+ years of related experience
• Ability to participate effectively in management and marketing activities
• Commitment to active community and professional participation
• Strong team player in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Expertise in design and presentation, including software and graphics
• Experience with mission critical, municipal, recreational, higher education, healthcare, Federal and/or institutional projects
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link here
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.