“The career listing on the website turned out to be a tremendous success. I’ve hired one individual as a result of it and I’ve also got an offer on the table for another. Listing on the BCxA site gave me a much more focused audience for my needs, and the quality of those three individuals was superb. The BCxA ad was a great value and I will certainly continue to use the website to post my career listings in the future.”
Heery seeks a Commissioning Agent with proven construction project experience to support a hi-tech manufacturing plant project in Portland, OR. Candidates will demonstrate strong self-motivation, excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of MEP building systems and commissioning processes. The Commissioning Agent will provide oversight of commissioning projects and will direct and administer the systematic process for commissioning building services from concept design through functional testing of systems to post occupancy verification. Also, verifies that designed, installed and tested plant and equipment satisfies the environmental performance criteria specified and meets the client’s operational needs through all operational seasons. Is an objective, third party Building Services advocate acts in a staff advisory capacity of the Owner who exercises discretion and independent thought in fulfilling the role. Will report to the Senior Commissioning Agent and Operations Manager and will assist with, training and development. Provide commissioning related services and QA/QC on project sites as assigned by Operations Manager.
3-5 years of experience in the building commissioning process, start-up, facilities management operations, controls systems, test and balance or MEP installation supervision activities strongly desired.
Sustainable energy and facilities assessments experience a plus.
BCA CCP, CEM, and LEED accreditation, or a P.E. in M/E and OSHA 10 safety certifications all beneficial but not required.
Mission Critical or Industrial commissioning process understanding beneficial for this potential position.
Predominately based in Portland but travel to project sites throughout western states will be required.
Associates Degree in Engineering or related is desired but not required.
Please apply directly via our Heery career page here
Heery International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
MA Engineers | San Diego, CA
MA Engineers is actively seeking a Commissioning Agent for immediate employment. This position is responsible for managing and implementing the commissioning process for various hospital, military, commercial and school projects. Cx Agent will ensure that equipment and systems are functioning at the efficiency level for which they were designed.
Must have an understanding of the following areas; mechanical systems & associated automated controls, lighting and lighting controls, domestic hot water systems, renewables (e.g. photovoltaic).
Fundamental duties include but are not limited to;
• Serving as the commissioning authority.
• Leading, reviewing, and overseeing the completion of commissioning process activities.
• Review of the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR). As required, assistance to the owner with the development of the OPR.
• Review of the Basis of Design (BOD).
• Development and implementation of commissioning plans.
• Ensuring commissioning requirements are incorporated into the construction documents (specifications). This includes either providing commissioning specification language or reviewing owner supplied specifications and providing comment.
• Review of design documents prior to mid-construction documents phase and back-checking in subsequent design submissions.
• Review of contractor submittals applicable to systems being commissioned for compliance with the OPR and BOD.
• Observation and direction of factory based performance testing as required.
• Development of prefunctional checklists to document proper equipment installation and startup.
• Supervision and support for the completion of prefunctional documentation by the sub-contractors.
• Development and execution of functional performance test procedures for the commissioned systems, leading the testing effort with assistance by the appropriate sub-contractors.
• Development and maintaining of commissioning issues log for issues identified during installation and startup as well as during functional performance testing.
• Preparation of final commissioning reports documenting the commissioning process, deficiencies identified and corrected, and any outstanding issues.
• Development of systems manuals providing operating staff the information needed to understand and optimally operate the commissioned systems.
• Verification requirements for training operating personnel and building occupants are completed.
• Review of building operation within 10 months after substantial completion with O&M staff and occupants. Include a plan for resolution of outstanding commissioning-related issues
Should be familiar with LEED (Energy & Atmosphere Prerequisite 1 – Fundamental Building Systems Commissioning, Energy & Atmosphere Credit 3 – Enhanced Commissioning, CA Title 24 Part 6, CA Title 24 Part 11, and NAVFAC requirements).
• 401K Plan
• Full Health/Dental/Vision
• Vacation/Sick time
• Location: San Diego, CA, USA
• Compensation: based on experience
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioning / Energy Engineer
Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with a nationwide network of offices. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
We have an immediate opening in our Shorewood, IL office for a Commissioning/Energy Engineer. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to develop their career in the field of commissioning and sustainable consulting. Responsibilities entail the support of multiple commissioning projects, retro-commissioning projects and energy audits for a wide variety of clients and facility types. This key position will promote Farnsworth Group’s commissioning and existing building commissioning services targeting higher education, healthcare, municipal and federal clients.
Specific Requirements include:
• BS Degree in Architectural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering. Technical related degrees may be considered
• 4 – 7 years of experience in a technical consulting field such as facility design, engineering, construction management or related area
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Strong knowledge of HVAC and HVAC controls
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong background with Microsoft® Office
• Ability to travel regionally on occasion
• Registered EIT or PE in the State of IL
• Previous LEED® and/or sustainable design project experience
• Previous commissioning experience with higher education, k-12, health care and/or commercial facilities
• Commissioning Authority certification
• Energy engineering experience including energy auditing or energy modeling
• Certifications: PMP, CEM, LEED® GA or AP
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
• Medical/Dental Plans
• Prescription Drug Program
• Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Time-off Benefits
For immediate consideration:
Please Apply Online by clicking here
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be an M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
Building Envelope Commissioning Leader
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices.
The person hired in this role will work with our Architects and Engineers nationwide to deliver building envelope commissioning (BECx) and asset management services to our clients. We are searching for a dynamic and energetic personality as a team leader to help create, manage, and produce exciting projects for municipal, recreational, higher education, healthcare, Federal and other high profile institutional clients.
Qualified candidates will market and manage multi-disciplinary teams for high profile projects. Client service skill and focus are paramount.
Travel requirements may range from 25 to 50 percent as projects for BECx or condition assessment may be located across the nation or occasionally in international locations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering; technical degrees or equivalent experience will be considered
• Registered Architect, NCARB preferred but not required
• Experience with building envelope commissioning (BECx) and envelope testing
• Experience in facility condition assessment and asset management systems
• 5+ years of related experience
• Ability to participate effectively in management and marketing activities
• Commitment to active community and professional participation
• Strong team player in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Expertise in design and presentation, including software and graphics
• Experience with mission critical, municipal, recreational, higher education, healthcare, Federal and/or institutional projects
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link here
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.