The 2021 updated ASHRAE book, Thermal Guidelines for Data Processing Environments, 5th Edition enables data center designers, operators, and managers to better determine the impacts of varying design and operation parameters on information technology equipment (ITE). The book covers:
• Environmental guidelines for air-cooled equipment
• New environmental class for high-density air-cooled equipment
• Environmental guidelines for liquid-cooled equipment
• Facility temperature and humidity measurement
• Equipment placement and airflow patterns
• Equipment manufacturers’ heat load and airflow requirement reporting
This fifth edition features changes due to research on the effects of high relative humidity and gaseous pollutants on the corrosion of ITE, and a new environmental class for high-density server equipment.