Due March 7, 2023
Thank you for your interest in speaking and contributing to the BCxA Annual Conference! This conference is a cornerstone of our Association and a valuable educational opportunity for the industry. We ask all presenters to be in person at this year’s Conference. We are looking for engaging formats in this year’s presentations, so consider a case study, panel discussion, or a presentation with an owner. Possible topics for this year’s conference:
Imagination - What's New
- Leveraging Technology in the Built Environment – Optimizing and Sustaining Whole Building Performance
- Sustainability and Decarbonization – Do codes and building performance standards require a new approach?
- New Standards that Impact Cx – Improving controls with ASHRAE Guideline 36 and lighting up the future through Lighting Standards.
Innovation - What's Different?
- Control System Networking and Integration –Where the Magic Happens!
- Critical Environments – Describe innovative approaches to complex facilities and systems.
- Healthy Building/IAQ – How to improve the indoor environment.
- Whole Building Performance. Facilitating building performance beyond MEP systems.
Results - What Works?
- Radical Lessons Learned from Case Study Projects – We challenge you to share your experiences.
- Making it Right– Maintaining quality with challenging timelines, supply chain issues, and the need for more resources.
- Facility Management – Building performance, training, and transition to operations and maintenance for long-term results.
Have a different topic? Send it! We're always looking for speakers that can imagine a better way to do things and present innovative concepts to their peers!
- March 7. All abstracts must be submitted to BCxA for review.
- April 10. All those who submitted an abstract will be notified of their abstract status.
- May 1. Review meeting with BCxA Staff, Session Moderator, and Conference Track Lead
- Aug 28. Draft presentation and ten quiz questions based on your abstract sent to your Track Lead.
- September 18. Final presentation due to BCxA.
The completion of your abstract form and speaker agreement may affect your selection eligibility. Please complete all sections to your fullest knowledge before submission.
Keys to getting your abstract accepted:
- Completely fill out the Abstract Submittal form, including the Speaker Agreement.
- Ensure your Learning Objectives are actionable. Learn More
- Describe how you will engage your audience in your presentation.