Building Commissioning Agent - Los Angeles, CA
Argento/Graham is a certified small business headquartered in Los Angeles seeking an experienced Building Commissioning Agent to join team of sustainability consultants working on a diverse portfolio of building projects across the United States and in Canada.
- Manage building commissioning process in accordance with applicable industry standards on a diverse portfolio of building projects throughout the United States
- Provide technical background and in-depth expertise of the commissioning process including verification techniques, functional performance testing, system equipment and O&M knowledge to A/G projects.
- Define project scope in accordance with client service agreements
- Identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete commissioning services in accordance with ASHRAE Guideline 0-2019 The Commissioning Process
- Perform self-directed research on latest trends and best practices for commissioning to provide logical, and data-based recommendations on design, equipment selection, testing requirements, and O+M.
- Coordinate proactive written and verbal communication with all project stakeholders.
- Maintain a disciplined, client-centric approach to project management and delivery.
- Understand and behave in accordance with ethical comportment and business practices relating to self, clients, and co-workers, ensuring that professional conduct aligns with the values of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Be receptive and responsive to feedback and work effectively with others to set goals, create and implement action plans, address challenges, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Review others’ work and vice versa to ensure its alignment with the project goals, client expectations and quality standards.
- Respond positively and creatively to problematic situations by identifying causes and generating possible solutions including direct action and/or recommendations to other stakeholders.
- Develop innovative strategies to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- 3-5 years professional and technical experience in the building industry
- Strong technical understanding of HVAC, electrical, lighting and plumbing
- Knowledge of best practices and processes for commissioning and retro commissioning
- Keen understanding of sustainable design principles
- Firm command of the building design and construction process
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given time
- Bachelors or advanced degree in mechanical engineering or related field. Job experience may be substituted for degree.
Preferred Qualifications (Not required):
- Certified Building Commissioning Provider (CBCP), Certifed Commissioning Authority (CxA), Building Commissioning Professoinals (BCxP)
- Prior experience with energy modeling and analysis
- Knowledge of software used for commissioning including, but not limited to CxAlloy, Facility Grid, Bluerithm
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Working conditions / Physical Requirements
- Must be able to travel to locally and out of state (personal auto use, train, air) Some travel may require multiple-night stays.
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to carry bulky objects up to 25 lbs.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- A/G offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental, retirement, flexible work schedule, a generous leave policy, including maternity and paternity benefits.