AHA is a full-service MEP consulting engineering and commissioning firm, knowledgeable in the latest regulator requitements and building codes. We provide engineering assessments, design drawings, bid documents, construction administration, and commissioning services for a wide variety of projects from small renovations to complete laboratories.
Over the past 30 years, AHA Consulting Engineers has worked successfully with owners, operators, Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League schools, top real estate developers, and award-winning architects. Our clients have relied on our passionate team of experts to deliver more than 500 million square feet of high-performance facilities throughout the U.S.
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules, including early Fridays year-round
- Professional development, frequent training opportunities
- Work in a smaller, smaller department where you have immediate impact
- Full benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and Domestic Partner coverage
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental and medical leave
- Annual 401(k) contribution by the firm
- Transparent “Path to Partnership” Program
- Professional development and tuition / certifications reimbursement
- Most of our employees are with us for more than 20 years!
- Opportunity to wear a lot of hats and be exposed to different tasks
AHA offers traditional MEP engineering, but we also go further to offer strategic consulting that supports holistic, well-rounded services for our clients. We were founded as a “client first” engineering firm and have grown to become a premier firm.
ABOUT THE ROLE The Commissioning Specialist will manage all aspects of commissioning projects, primarily new construction, facility due diligence, or tenant fit-outs. The candidate will be expected to diagnose, analyze, and troubleshoot complex HVAC systems. The Commissioning Specialist will also be expected to interface with clients, participate in internal quality control and deliver projects on time and on budget. The Commissioning Specialist will be expected to participate in industry conferences, obtain relevant industry certifications and to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Position Qualifications (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant technical/construction experience
- Minimum of two years of commissioning experience is desired
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings/specifications
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret sequences of operation
- Working knowledge of HVAC mechanical equipment (i.e. boilers, VRF, pumps, AHUs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of centralized condenser water plants, chiller plants, and boiler plants
- Working knowledge of building management controls systems
- Experience with large properties, preferably commercial office
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Advanced quantitative skills, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Detail oriented approach without losing sight of bigger picture practice goals
- Desire to continue learning and increase technical & industry knowledge
Position Qualifications (Preferred)
- Professional Engineering (PE) license, Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP), Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP), LEED credentials.
- Working knowledge of Life Safety systems
- Experience with commissioning on both new construction and existing buildings
- Ability to translate complex technical information to non-technical client stakeholders
- Familiarity with LEED and other certification programs, building codes and construction industry standards
For consideration, please send cover letter with resume to Careers | AHA (aha-engineers.com)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Staffing Firms Notice –AHA does not accept resumes from staffing firms unless there is an agreement in place – please refer to AHA website.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.