Commissioning (Cx) Provider | Edina, MN
The Commissioning Provider will leverage expertise to lead multiple commissioning (Cx) projects from award through acceptance/occupancy in accordance with industry best practices and project guidelines. Achieving high levels of client satisfaction and quality while maintaining schedule and project budget are paramount.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of practical, hands-on experience with commercial HVAC, electrical, or building automation systems as an engineer, designer, programmer, or installer.
- A 2-year technical degree in building sciences and/or a nationally recognized Commissioning Certification is a plus.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 40-60%) is required. Projects will be local within Minnesota, but also throughout the United States.
- Extensive HVAC and/or controls background. Candidate will possess the knowledge and capabilities to perform investigation of Energy Management Control Systems / Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems and to recommend and implement advanced control strategies.
- Thorough understanding of construction documentation including drawings and specifications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving aptitude.
- Desire to learn continuously and enhance technical and professional skills.
- Previous experience implementing low-cost Energy Conservation Measures is preferred.
- Skilled with building automation and computer software, including Excel and Word to effectively compile well designed and organized documents.
- Read and follow project specific specifications as pertaining to commissioning.
- Conduct design review of project documents for conformance to design requirements, LEED, MN B3, and other sustainability programs.
- Complete field inspections, witness equipment startups, and test and balance activities.
- Generate and maintain records of site observations, testing processes, and checklists.
- Develop and maintain positive professional working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Stay current with appropriate engineering and construction codes.
- Analyze and interpret trend analysis reports and provide recommendations for system improvements.
Emanuelson-Podas is a full-service MEP engineering firm that provides design, commissioning and energy modeling services. With projects across the country and more than 70 engineers and designers on staff, EP delivers premier services to clients in more than a dozen industry sectors. Founded nearly 65 years ago, the original partners established the company with the goal of providing second-to-none MEP engineering and design expertise. Their strength of leadership helped set the foundation for what we are today and created a strong culture of collaboration and teamwork that is still visible throughout the company. More information can be found at www.epinc.com.