National Facility Solutions (NFS), LLC | Remote (home-office)
Work location: 100% remote (home office) with travel throughout the United States
NFS is a commissioning and energy services firm focused on providing facility performance solutions for government and private clients nationwide. Our multi-discipline teams leverage energy-efficiency technologies and data analytics to design, implement and maintain resource-efficient HVAC and electrical systems to drive optimal facility performance.
We are accepting applications for commissioning professionals to join our rapidly growing team. Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ practical, hands-on, experience with commercial HVAC, electrical, or building automation systems, as an engineer, designer, programmer, or installer.
The Commissioning Agent will lead, manage, and execute multiple commissioning (Cx) projects from award through acceptance/occupancy in accordance with industry best practices and project guidelines, while maintaining customer satisfaction, quality, schedule, and project budget.
• Develop project specifications to guide the inclusion of commissioning into a project.
• Perform design review of project documents for conformance to design requirements and LEED, Green Globes, and other sustainability programs.
• Create functional performance test procedures for all types of facility HVAC and electrical systems. These include building automation, HVAC, heating, hot water, lighting, steam, renewable energy systems, associated controls and other systems and equipment required to be commissioned using our library and software tools.
• Perform field inspections, witness equipment startups and test and balance activities.
• Perform field functional performance testing to verify and tune systems for optimum performance.
• Troubleshoot faulty systems, perform the technical analysis necessary to interpret system data, and provide recommendations for corrective action.
• Prepare and maintain records of site observations, testing processes and checklists.
• Effectively document commissioning procedures, assumptions, and results.
• Prepare clear and concise deliverables, including technical reports, Cx reports, system manuals, and assessments, that convey technical information suitable for both lay and technical audiences. Ensure quality and timely commissioning deliverables.
• Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy, and managerial aspects of Cx projects.
• Create and maintain positive professional working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors.
• Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
• Contribute to improving commissioning processes and creating best practices.
• Lead owner training and assist in the development of owner training videos.
• Work with data analytics to support client ongoing commissioning priorities.
Ideal candidates will have a combination of five (5) or more years of engineering, HVAC field experience, controls, or commissioning work experience in the design, installation or start-up of HVAC, electrical, life safety, building automation, lighting, or other building systems.
BS in Engineering, CEM, or a Commissioning Certification is a plus.
Project management experience is preferred.
Other required qualifications:
Thorough understanding of construction documentation including drawings and specifications.
Ability to prepare and/or monitor complex construction and commissioning schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving aptitude, including the ability to troubleshoot individual systems/components for function and reliability.
Understanding of site safety procedures, including electrical safety.
Strong interest in buildings, commissioning, energy management, sustainability and construction and desire to learn continuously and enhance technical and professional skills.
Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills, especially in communicating technical information.
Strong organizational, prioritization, decision making, and analytical skills.
Strong work ethic and efficient work style with a commitment to high-quality work and meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and highly collaborative team environment.
Ability to consistently set goals, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to flexible responsibilities.
Demonstrated proactive, willing to take on new challenges and ‘go the extra mile’ mindset.
Computer skills: Microsoft Office, including advanced skills with Excel and Word; and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with computer programs to compile well designed and organized documents.
Willingness and ability to travel to the field (approximately 40-60%) to perform site visits, inspections, and functional testing of commissioned HVAC, building automation, electrical, lighting, and renewable energy systems.
Willingness and ability to work autonomously and remotely from home, including performing office administrative duties.
Physical Demands of this Position:
• Lifting and Moving: 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently
• Climbing/Balancing: Frequent work on step ladders, extension ladders, scaffolding and uneven surfaces
• Walking: Extensive walking frequently required throughout a regular or extended workday
• Stooping/Bending/Crawling: Frequent requirement and often necessary in confined spaces
• Standing/Sitting: Both can range from 0-100% each day
• Reaching: Frequent reaching overhead, horizontally and below feet
• Vision: Corrected vision to 20/20 required or adequate to perform all essential functions
• Color Vision: Required
• Driving Vehicles/Air Travel: Frequently required
NFS (www.natfas.com) offers a comprehensive benefit package including company-paid employee health and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions; generous paid time off benefits; and performance-based bonuses.
NFS is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The strength of our team is built upon the broad range of experience and training of among NFS Commissioning Agents, and we encourage individuals with relevant experience and education to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.