Commissioning Coordinator - Toronto, ON
RWDI, a professional consulting firm, is seeking a highly dynamic, delivery focussed Commissioning Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will have relevant and basic knowledge and field experience in performing building systems commissioning activities.
A secondary requirement is experience performing building energy audits focused on HVAC, lighting and associated controls often compliant with established standards such as ASHRAE.
This position is ultimately responsible for assisting the quality assurance process to ensure building systems are installed, tested and operate in accordance with designed plans, specifications, contract documents, and owner recommendations.
This full-time position is available in our Toronto office.
The Commissioning Coordinator will assist in the completion and management of Commissioning projects.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Assist the team lead in the Commissioning process
- Assist in developing the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) that identifies facility’s requirements regarding energy efficiency, indoor environment, staff training, as well as operation and maintenance
- Review, develop documentation and report Commissioning data for assigned projects
- Contact external project team members and obtain information such as design, testing documentation, schedule and contact information
- Gather and critically review information and test results from the field
- Develop and populate checklists, procedures on tasks relating to the project roles and responsibilities
- Travel and visit job sites to verify installation meets design intent
- Manage project time commitments and forecast requirements to the Team Leader
- Manage and control filing system for projects, reports and correspondence, including confidential/sensitive materials
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic support on various building systems as required
- Assist and then lead the investigation phase of an existing building commissioning process
- Maintain positive office culture through open and collaborative attitude
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following skills, education, experience and qualifications:
- Commissioning experience an asset
- Graduate of technical college or university program
- A fundamental knowledge of HVAC&R
- A fundamental knowledge and experience with electrical systems is preferred
- Knowledge of building codes and standards, LEED, and ASHRAE
- Strong written and oral communication skills and organizational ability
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS office package minimum)
- Prioritizing objectives in order to meet project schedules
- Developing and delivering programs and data collection systems.
- Meeting project schedules and time allocations
- Experience in an Engineering environment an asset
- Required to travel in the GTA, throughout Ontario, and out of Province at job sites as required.
- Access construction sites, mechanical services and restricted areas
- Handle confidential information
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Work well under pressure with multiple demands and projects
- Currently possess or is able to obtain a government security clearance
Please submit your cover letter and resume here.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.