Commissioning Engineer / Project Manager - Oregon
Systems West Engineers is looking for a dynamic Commissioning Engineer / Project Manager who will focus primarily on high-performing buildings with clients that are most often universities, healthcare systems, municipalities, and government agencies in Oregon. These projects are often complex and critical environments. High-quality commissioning is essential to the overall optimization and performance of these building systems as well as providing maintainable and sustainable facilities to our clients.
The right-fit Commissioning Engineer / PM is capable of leading and steering the commissioning process from proposal to closeout. To execute this successfully, the candidate has access to a team of resources including commissioning technicians, subject matter experts, engineers, and administrative staff. In addition to leading projects, this role will be a technical mentor for team members. Candidates who excel in this role have previous experience managing projects and assigned team members. Additionally, they naturally seek opportunities to build relationships, value team collaboration and effective project execution, and enjoy balancing office to field work.
- Prior experience managing commissioning projects.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
And, previous experience with the following:
- Commissioning processes
- Design and implementation of sustainable construction practices
- Existing building operations, and operation and maintenance protocols and procedures
- A variety of facility types (e.g., K-12 schools, higher education, government office buildings, laboratories, medical facilities, data/communication centers, sports facilities, aquatic centers, central plants)
- Prior management of a commissioning team
- Experience performing design reviews that identify design concepts and provide technical review of mechanical and/or electrical systems with a focus on conformance to the Owner’s Project Requirements, energy efficiency, construction, and sustainability.
Comprehensive job post including salary and benefits and to learn more about us visit: https://systemswestengineers.applicantpool.com/jobs/