Commissioning Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
Commissioning Engineer will leverage their expertise to lead multiple commissioning (Cx) projects in accordance with industry best practices and project guidelines. Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and quality while maintaining schedule and project budget.
Preferred candidates will have a min. of 3 years of practical, hands-on experience in a design or commissioning role.
- A 4-year engineering degree in building sciences and/or a nationally recognized Commissioning Certification is a plus.
- Extensive HVAC and/or controls background. Possess the knowledge and capabilities to perform investigation of Energy Management Control Systems / Building Automation Systems (BAS) and to recommend and implement advanced control strategies.
- Thorough understanding of construction documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Desire to learn continuously and enhance technical and professional skills.
- Previous experience implementing low-cost Energy Conservation Measures is preferred.
- Skilled with building automation and computer software, including Excel and Word to effectively compile well designed and organized documents.
- Read and follow project specific specifications as pertaining to commissioning.
- Conduct design review of project documents for conformance to design requirements, LEED, MN B3, and other sustainability programs.
- Complete field inspections, witness equipment startups, and test and balance activities.
- Generate and maintain records of site observations, testing processes, and checklists.
- Develop and maintain positive professional working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Stay current with appropriate engineering and construction codes.
- Analyze and interpret trend analysis reports and provide recommendations for system improvements.
- Lifting/Moving: 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently.
- Climbing/Balancing: Work on step ladders, extension ladders, scaffolding, etc.
- Walking: Extensive walking required throughout a regular or extended workday.
- Stooping/Bending/Crawling: Requirement and often necessary in confined spaces.
- Standing: Long periods of time standing.
- Reaching: Reaching overhead, horizontally and below feet.
- Driving Vehicles/Air Travel: Frequently required (40-60%).