Commissioning Engineer - Denver, CO
Group14 Engineering is seeking a Commissioning Engineer. This is a hybrid position, allowing you to work from the office and home. You will spend about 20% of your time in clients’ buildings. Applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Two years’ experience with commercial buildings, preferably in commissioning, design engineering, MEP coordination, and/or mechanical contracting.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, plumbing, and building control systems.
- Ability to travel outside the Denver area (overnight) to conduct work: Up to 20% of the time.
Other Desired Qualificatio60ns
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or construction management.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) pursuing PE.
- Commissioning experience and/or Cx certifications
- Experience with other building systems such as Power, Information Technology, Fire /Life-Safety, Security Systems, Energy Meters/Sub-Meters, or other Low-Voltage Systems.
- Review design drawings and specifications.
- Provide hands-on field support and perform onsite functional performance testing.
- Observe major mechanical equipment operations and prepare field reports.
- Develop and execute commissioning and retro-commissioning process deliverables.
- Collaborate and work with clients, design team, contractors, and their representatives.
Founded in 1992 and based in Denver, Colorado, Group14 is a 55-person consulting firm committed to improving the energy and resource efficiency of the built environment. When you join Group14, you become part of an employee-first company focused on:
- Making an impact in the communities we serve;
- Building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce;
- And, providing our employees with the support to advance in their careers.
This is a full-time position and offers the following:
- Salary range: $60,000-$80,000
- Annual bonuses
- Company-paid employee health insurance
- Four weeks of PTO and 10-paid holidays
- 401K, short & long-term disability, dental insurance and paid family leave
- Alternative transportation credit/reimbursement
- Annual education stipend and professional memberships
- Charitable giving match and two days of paid volunteer time
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Cx Engineer” in the subject line.
- A cover letter with why you’d be a great addition to Group14
- Your resume
- A writing sample
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Therefore, our policy is to provide equal opportunity to both job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of hiring and employment, including, but not limited to selection, training, promotion, termination, transfer, compensation and promotion.