Commissioning Engineer | Denver, CO
Ambient Energy is a socially responsible third-party consulting firm specializing in commissioning, energy analysis, and sustainable design. Our team works with owners, architects, and contractors to push limits in the design, construction, and operations of high-performance buildings.
We are hiring for a commissioning engineer for our Denver location.
- Have a passion for our vision to improve the social and environmental impact of buildings by ensuring they work properly, are thermally comfortable, and save energy
- Positive attitude that is ready to learn and grow
- Work with commissioning team to develop and identify opportunities for improvements and best practices
- Work on tasks required for LEED commissioning/ASHRAE commissioning services for new and existing buildings
- Experience with project sites; meetings, site observations, functional testing, and trend data analysis
- Work on re- and retro-commissioning projects, measurement and verification projects, and energy audit projects
- Attend job site visits as needed for the scope of service
Organization & Relationships
- Develop professional relationships
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Lead projects tasks from start to finish within in budget, on schedule and with high quality
- Be highly responsive and available to clients and to our staff
- Exceed our clients’ expectations
- 2 years of relevant professional experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or design discipline
- 2 years of Commissioning specific experience
- Knowledge of a coding language
- Experience with monitor-based commissioning (SkySpark)
- EIT or PE
- LEED AP or LEED GA
$65,000 - $85,000
Why Work at Ambient Energy
Ambient Energy's culture is reflective of our company vision of working towards a resilient and regenerative built environment with buildings that have a positive impact on people and the world.
Ambient Energy strives to stand as a preferred employer in our community by providing a positive, rewarding and sustainable environment. We use our values to help guide us to achieve this goal.
- IMPACT – We make a positive impact on the environment through projects that are harmonious with the natural world.
- COLLABORATE – We collaborate with our clients and the entire design team to create the most sustainable, functional, and cost-effective projects possible.
- INNOVATE – We utilize cutting-edge technologies and tools to create durable, responsible, and innovative projects.
Ambient Energy places a high value on respecting our employee’s quality of life. Providing a balance between work and personal life enables our team to do their best work for the company each hour that they are here.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401k plan with company match, flexible work schedules, telecommuting 1 day per week, paid time off, personal development time/budget, paid volunteer time, healthy snacks, and opportunities to impact and shape the future of the built world!