Commissioning Engineer - San Francisco (we have offices in San Francisco, Santa Rosa, and Sacramento)
Our innovative, award-winning firm is inviting highly motivated individuals to join our team who are passionate about high-performance building systems, energy efficiency, and making buildings.
Since 2001, Guttmann &Blaevoet has been providing commissioning services in support of our Mission to innovate, enhance lives, and improve the world through elegant, affordable, and ecologically responsible solutions for the built environment. As a Commissioning Engineer, you will have the opportunity to accelerate your career alongside some of the industry’s most innovative commissioning and design professionals who are shaping the future of the built environment. Successful members of our firm are self-starters, focused on the details, dedicated to providing high quality work and service, understand communication is an important tool for success, and thrive on working with a value-driven, ambitious, fun, and life-loving team. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- Play a vital role alongside our Senior Engineers and Project Managers in the execution of commissioning activities.
- Contribute to improving commissioning processes and creating best practices.
- Participate in the technical analysis necessary to interpret and troubleshoot building operations.
- Communicate effectively to a wide range of client stakeholders.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Lead projects as a Project Manager from the beginning to successful completion (design, CA, end of warranty review, post-occupancy).
- Develop commissioning schedules, and produce high quality commissioning plans, reports, pre-functional and functional test procedures.
- Perform jobsite observations and field testing.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of our commissioning services in a manner that depends partnerships with clients.
- 5+ years of professional working experience as a Commissioning Engineer with 2+ years of acting as the Commissioning Authority, or 7+ years in a MEP consulting environment or in construction/construction management with a focus on MEP systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Understanding of building systems design and operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly adaptable to changing industry and business priorities
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), SkySpark is a plus, commissioning software platform is a plus (CxAlloy, etc.)
- Ability to read, interpret, and review Architectural and MEP drawings.
- Ability to climb ladders and safely navigate construction sites.
- Reliable means of personal transportation.
- Willingness to travel long distance to job sites when required.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards: California Energy Code, CALGreen, ASHRAE Standards, etc.
- Passion for sustainability and high-performance buildings.
Our success is based on the shared values and commitment of the people who are building our company for the future, developing new technology applications, discovering creative and innovative ways to improve the built environment, improving the value of our services, building strong relationships and seeking excellence in everything we do. Our values prioritize people and teamwork, and we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. Our company is JUST certified, providing transparency to our community on our corporate commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice. We are also a certified Green Business, and a recipient of the Business Times’ Best Places to Work award in 2017 and 2021. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package, including health and dental insurance, long term disability, vision care, cafeteria plan, commuter checks, and a 401k plan (with socially responsible ESG investment options), employee health & wellness program, and paid parental leave. More importantly, we offer a place where your contribution will be valued and rewarded. We provide an exceptional working environment for talented individuals who want to create high performance buildings that work, along with opportunities and support for professional and personal growth and development.
Our staff will be working remotely until it is considered reasonably safe to return to an office environment.