Commissioning Engineer I – Berlin, CT
Sustainable Engineering Solutions was founded in 2008 by professionals who understand the need for hands-on, practical engineering expertise. We have a foundation of diverse experience in commissioning, energy engineering, and project management. The SES team has commissioned millions of square feet of construction with a consistent focus on sustainability and high-quality service.
At SES, we advocate for our clients to achieve healthy and efficient buildings. We have a team of enthusiastic and innovative people who are eager to learn and grow. We approach projects with a collaborative mindset, working with project teams, striving towards a common goal: a successful outcome for every project.
Work alongside and provide assistance to project managers and engineers with various commissioning and envelope testing tasks. Work will involve both clerical in an office setting and fieldwork on job sites. Typical functions include providing site observations and field reports, conducting functional tests from detailed procedures, and office-related tasks such as filing project documents, writing specifications, developing testing procedures, and sending email correspondence. This position requires frequent travel throughout CT, MA, and New England, as well as periodic long-distance travel within the United States.
- Review building design and construction documents, including drawings and specifications, for comprehension of design intent, construction requirements, and operational needs.
- Under the direction and supervision of a project manager, produce various engineering documents, including field observation reports, construction checklists, testing documents, deficiency notices, general and email correspondence, and final project reports.
- Assist project engineers or managers in fieldwork on construction project sites performing commissioning or energy engineering tasks that include: overseeing and directing functional testing of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, life safety, security, tel/data, and building envelope systems.
- Office-related tasks of filing project documents, writing specifications, and field reports. Researching and development of functional testing documents.
- Operate testing equipment to conduct envelope testing procedures and provide assessment of data through reporting.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or building construction-related field preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and building envelope systems and equipment.
- Familiarity with general construction practices and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Visit our website to apply: https://sustainable-eng.com/careers/