Commissioning Engineer - Oakland, CA
kW Engineering is a leading consulting engineering firm dedicated to helping our customers reduce energy and water consumption at their facilities. We are driven to find creative, cost-effective solutions that not only meet our customers’ financial goals but improve overall health and reliability of the buildings.
We’re looking for someone to join our commissioning team. We see commissioning as an essential process in the design, construction, and operation of the built environment. Building owners and occupants rely on the quality-assurance commissioning process to ensure building systems operate at maximum performance.
We're looking for these qualities in this position:
- Technical skills –solid understanding of engineering concepts and advanced problem-solving skills expected of a bachelor level engineering degree or above.
Ideally 4-6 years’ experience in design, construction, and/or commissioning.
Applicable certifications a plus – CCP, PE, LEED AP, and/or CLCATT.
Familiarity with use of portable monitoring/metering equipment.
- Collaborative and client-focused – A clear communicator who can interact professionally with clients and on-site staff and enhance our reputation as an industry leader.
- Detail oriented and organized – Able to follow the commissioning process and improve the quality of the project.
What you’ll do:
- Save energy and operating costs at client facilities by applying your technical skills in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Provide commissioning services for projects requiring LEED fundamental and enhanced certification.
- Provide acceptance testing for Title 24 projects.
- Provide technical assistance to utilities and their customers to ensure that energy saving impacts are real, and that the savings are on solid technical grounds.
- Conduct energy assessments, inspections, metering deployment, and measurement and verification of energy and demand savings.
If you're looking for a new opportunity to work with others that share your passion, then don't hesitate - get in touch with us at email@example.com