Commissioning Engineer - Denver, CO
Mead & Hunt has an exciting opportunity for a full-time commissioning engineer to join our team. This position will be a hybrid position, reporting to our office in Denver, CO.
The commissioning engineer is responsible for conducting and coordinating commissioning activities in a sequential and efficient manner, using consistent protocols along with clear and regular communications.
- Complete tasks required for LEED, ASHRAE, code and other green building rating system commissioning services for new and existing buildings.
- Complete work on re- and retro-commissioning projects, monitoring-based commissioning, and energy audit projects.
- Perform regular site visits to observe component systems and document component system installations.
- Assist in writing observation reports, test results, and findings with recommended actions to the Contractor, the A/E Design Team, the Owner and the Owner's Representative and other necessary representatives.
- Execute functional testing onsite with contractors and using trend data.
- Perform submittal reviews of systems to be commissioned, develop pre functional and functional tests. Prepare and submit documentation for finalizing commissioning process.
- Manage client communication regarding project status and scope of services.
- Participate in design and construction meetings to identify design intent, and compliance with established criteria.
- Review and suggest additional scope of work needs. Assist in managing sub-contractors and project profit and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 2 years of commissioning experience or 4 years of industry experience
- Commissioning specific experience
- BCxA, ASHRAE or ACG commissioning related credentials
- Knowledge of coding language
- Experience developing and executing functional testing on HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge in different building automation systems
- Experience developing LEED commissioning deliverables
- Experience with the following systems: Electrical Distribution, Line Safety, Test and Balance, Facility Maintenance
Please submit your application at https://careers-meadhunt.icims.com/jobs/5436/commissioning-engineer/job
Salary Range: $60k-$95k - Actual compensation may vary due to factors such as experience, skillset, location.