Group14 Engineering | Denver, CO
Group14 Engineering, PBC is a 43-person engineering consulting firm committed to improving the energy, resource efficiency and health effects of the built environment. We provide building certification consulting, commissioning, energy modeling and existing building services. We are focused on providing a workplace culture that fosters excellent work while maintaining a work-life balance. We embrace diversity and inclusion and we strive to provide an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We are committed to ensuring that our company includes a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and skills to provide better solutions, drive innovation and creativity, and enhance decision making. We are a Certified B Corporation and Just Organization. We have been recognized as “Best for the World” by B Lab for Overall, Governance and Environment. Our LEED Platinum office is located east of downtown Denver in the historic Uptown neighborhood.
Our Commissioning Team works mostly in Colorado and adjacent states. Our exciting and challenging projects include laboratories, higher education and K-12, healthcare, office, and recreation facilities among many others. We are hiring a self-motivated and creative Commissioning Engineer with excellent technical and written & verbal communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work ethic.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or construction management from an accredited program. 2+ years of experience with commercial buildings, preferably experience in commissioning, design engineering, MEP Coordination, and/or mechanical contracting. Working knowledge of commercial HVAC, plumbing, and building control systems. Ability to travel outside the Denver metro area (overnight to conduct work) up to 20% of the time.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with cloud-based commissioning software.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, excellent organization, and time management skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) with the intent to pursue a PE is a plus.
- Commissioning experience and commissioning certifications are also a plus, but not required.
- OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour Certification.
- Experience with other building systems such as Power, Information Technology (IT), Fire Alarm/Life-Safety, Security Systems, Energy Meters/Sub-Meters, or other Low-voltage Systems.
- Review design drawings and specifications.
- Provide hands-on field support and perform onsite functional performance testing.
- Conduct field observation surveys and prepare field reports on the status of equipment and installations.
- Develop and execute commissioning and retro-commissioning process deliverables.
- Collaborate and work with clients, design team, contractors, and their representatives.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
- Annual bonuses
- Retirement plan with socially responsible investment options and company match
- Health insurance and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Family leave
- 9-paid holidays, plus paid personal-time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Alternative transportation payment (e.g. get paid to ride your bike, walk, etc.)
- Flexible schedules
- Annual education stipend and professional memberships
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Charitable giving policy
Please include the following in your correspondence:
- A cover letter that includes:
- An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
- The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Group14 team.
- Your resume.
- A writing sample.
- Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of you and your work.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Maria Pinon, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Cx Engineer” in the subject line. Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. It is therefore our policy and practice to provide equal opportunity to all job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.