Commissioning Project Manager
The MIT Department of Facilities (Dof) seeks a commissioning project manager to oversee the implementation of the commissioning and turnover processes executed for new and renovated building projects, retro-commissioning, re-commissioning, or continuous commissioning projects performed by the Dof on campus; manage third-party consultants; and collaborate with groups across the Institute regarding commissioning and facility turnover activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Five years of commissioning/turnover experience
- Excellent negotiation, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with project scheduling and Microsoft Office applications
- Progressive experience managing multiple small- to complex design and construction projects simultaneously, meeting budget and deliverables
- Field experience operating and troubleshooting building systems and building automation systems
- Experience with energy-efficient equipment design and control strategy optimization
- Systematic and self-motivated approach to responsibilities
- Knowledge of the following: relevant Massachusetts’ building codes and regulations; building operation and maintenance and O&M training; building commissioning, retro-commissioning, and continuous commissioning processes; automation and controls systems, HVAC systems, gas distribution systems, commercial refrigeration, fire alarm/life safety systems and lighting controls; designing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for commercial, institutional, and light industrial facilities; and building and energy codes and energy standards.
- Ability to exercise judgment and independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard project management approaches
- Ability to prepare budgets, schedules, and logistical graphic descriptions on how a project will be implemented
- Ability to independently resolve complex issues and recognize when to escalate
- Ability to review commissioning specifications and pre-functional and functional test procedures
- Ability to liaise effectively with professional staff throughout MIT
- EIT or PE, CCP, BCxP, or LEED accreditations/certifications
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 22586.
MIT is an equal-opportunity employer. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.