Commissioning Project Manager
Advance Building Performance, Inc (ABP) is looking to hire a Commissioning Project Manager to join our growing firm. ABP is an award-winning independent commissioning firm. We are dedicated to assisting building owners and design teams in the design, construction, and management of high-performance buildings. ABP’s project’s cover large commercial developments, local government, K-12, and other clients within the Mid-Atlantic area. ABP operates as a 10-person virtual company, with staff working from home throughout Maryland, Virginia, and DC.
Applicants may have either a mechanical, electrical, or envelope commissioning background, and will be expected to be able to manage projects that include each of these disciplines.
- Perform, coordinate, and manage, field work with ABP staff working on your projects. This will include site observation visits, witnessing system testing, performance verification, etc.
- Prepare Commissioning Specifications, Plans, Reports, and other commissioning documentation. Manage and track project schedules to ensure project milestones are met, and serve as the primary interface with the clients, owners, and contractors.
- Lead commissioning meetings with clients and contractors.
- Collaborate with ABP’s other Project Managers to plan and staff your projects.
- Utilize the commissioning software, and maintain project issues log.
- Review invoicing.
- Conduct training for ABP’s commissioning specialists.
- Participate in firm's marketing and business development activities as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited college is required.Minimum of 8 years’ experience performing Commissioning services for HVAC, Electrical, or Building Envelope systems is required.
- Commissioning Certification. Certified by either BCxA, ASHRAE, AGC, ICB/TABB, AEE, or University of Wisconsin is required.
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to project sites in the Mid-Atlantic (Maryland, Virginia, and DC mainly)
- Demonstrated ability in technical problem solving, detail-oriented, organized, and able to adapt.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com