Commissioning Sales Support Specialist | Salt Lake or Tempe, UT
We are looking for a Sales Associate with industry experience to join our Business Development team. We are looking for somebody that can adapt with our maturing needs. You will support/report to our VP of Business Development in identifying opportunities, developing leads, and delivering proposals to customers. We anticipate specific services, such as Commissioning or Monitoring-Based Commissioning, will become a primary responsibility for you to pursue and manage ongoing sales efforts.
We are looking for somebody to drive brand awareness, leads, and ultimately, sales! The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, is ready to drive growth, AND grow with the company!
Position is based out of either of our offices (Salt Lake or Tempe). However, other locations will be considered for candidates and territories that meet our needs.
This is a full-time, salaried position with future opportunities for performance bonuses or sales commissions.
Work generally follows a typical Monday-Friday schedule, but occasional after-hours and/or weekend work may be required.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing/writing proposals to support our sales team as detailed below.
- Lead generation. Building and maintaining relationships with industry leaders, associations, and organizations in regional or vertical markets.
- Representing ETC Group at conferences, events, and in the community at large.
- Project identification. Reviewing and discussing findings and reports with internal teams and customers to develop a sales plan. Recognizing customer pain points and identifying solutions from ETC Group’s service offerings.
- Project development. Developing scope of work and pricing to deliver proposal to customer.
- Utilizing ETC Group’s tools and processes to support our customer relationship strategies. Manage opportunities/leads/activities in CRM system. Experience with Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint is a plus.
- Providing support to the customer with regards to project financing and contracting issues.
- Customer acquisition and customer management including client meetings/calls, building client strategies, and owning customer relationships.
- Handoff to project management teams and coordination assistance at the start of projects
- Prepares and maintains proposal schedules and leads and supports proposal development.
- Collaborates with team members to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s overall solution/strategy, approach to performing the work, and differentiators.
- Gathers needed information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support writing activities. Translates technical subject matter into easily understandable content.
- Reads and dissects RFPs, RFQs, amendments/modifications, and other solicitation documents to develop response outlines according to requirements to ensure proposal is compliant.
- Ensures optimal organization, presentation, and articulation of solution or qualifications in the proposal or qual pack and oversees incorporation of key messaging that clarifies the strengths of ETC Group’s offer, including any differentiators.
- Reviews proposal content for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFP/RFQ requirements. Performs proofreading and editing to ensure clarity, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Motivated – You must be self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently if needed.
- Good decision-making skills - While you will not be making final decisions in isolation, you will be presenting strong recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail driven. Must be able to work extended hours as needed to meet proposal deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical background either with a 4-year technical degree or experience in the mechanical/controls industry
- 3-5+ years of experience in a sales/marketing role or a technical role involving written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency and daily use with the Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and experience with CRM software. Familiarity with Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint a plus!
- Industry background. Ability to read/interpret RFPs with respect to alignment with ETC Group’s core skills and service offerings.
- Previous relationships and HVAC/facilities industry contacts that directly translate to sales leads are a plus.
- Controls Background. A basic understanding of building automation and control systems and the ability to read/interpret controls diagrams and submittals is a plus. A knowledge of fault detection, analytics, and monitoring-based commissioning service offerings is a differentiator.
- Mechanical background. A basic understanding of building mechanical/HVAC systems and the ability to read/interpret mechanical blueprints is a plus. A knowledge of building construction, general contracting and facility/systems commissioning is a differentiator.
Send resumes to Josh Christensen, email@example.com, website: https://www.etcgrp.com/job-openings/#Sales-Support-Specialist