Solutions AEC | St. Louis, MO
Commissioning specialists at Solutions AEC oversee commissioning projects to confirm that building systems are designed, installed, and operate to meet the Owner’s operational needs and the Engineer’s design intent. We are searching for a Commissioning Specialist, who, in addition to the responsibilities and qualifications noted below, has a strong work ethic, has passion for continuous improvement, is a good client steward, and believes in and embraces servant leadership. Commissioning Specialists will frequently interact with owner, owner’s representatives, contractors, engineers, and architects to fulfill the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Provide project commissioning as required by the project requirements across the country.
• Review project requirements and write necessary plans and tests for the commissioning process.
• Coordinate and perform necessary commissioning activities with project design team.
• Coordinate meetings and interface with the project associated contractors as necessary in order to complete project requirements.
• Perform on-site observations, inspection, testing, validation and verification of building system and prepare associated documentation.
• Build and maintain client relationships; write fee proposals and prepare fee estimates.
• Review and analyze energy management system trends.
• Peer review HVAC, plumbing, and lighting controls plans.
• Attend jobsite meetings and field surveys as required.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience in building commissioning is a plus.
• A minimum of 5 years of commissioning or related experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, automatic temperature control systems, installation or start-up, and/or testing, adjusting, and balancing.
• Nationally recognized commissioning certification is a plus (e.g. NEBB, ACG, BCxA, ASHRAE, etc.).
• Possess strong client management and business development skills.
• Team player possessing strong planning, organizational, and communication skills.
• Knowledge of basic MEP system designs within the building design and construction industry. This includes understanding principles and equipment to commission various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and their components.
• We are seeking a candidate with the understanding and ability to commission the following systems within commercial applications:
HVAC systems, including chiller and boiler plants and systems
Plumbing system equipment
Exhaust and ventilation systems
• Experience in various markets including biotechnology/laboratories, healthcare, commercial facilities, higher educational institutions, and government facilities is preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed depending on project demands, averaging 25% to 50% of the time.
At Solutions AEC, we work to ensure our clients are satisfied on every project we design while holding true to our core values. Our core values (Work Ethic, Honesty, Passion, Stewardship, and Servant Leadership) are something that we place great emphasis and effort. We do our best to embrace a fun, creative culture that encourages a servant mindset to be good stewards of our Clients, our Environment, and our Families.
Solutions AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include 100% company-paid employee health insurance premiums, 401k company contribution, and, in addition to vacation and PTO, after every 5 years of employment, employees are eligible for a 4-week paid sabbatical. Solutions AEC offers a flexible work schedule. We look forward to hearing from you!