Commissioning Technician - Madison, Maple Grove or Milwaukee
Reports to: Director of Commissioning
Economic Value-Add: Working through each project efficiently and in alignment to budget; maintaining positive relationships to generate additional work
Job Purpose: In this position, you ensure the mechanical systems touched by Nexus projects function as intended and that the owner is satisfied with the final product.
30% Design Activities
- Provide recommendations and support regarding design, equipment selection, & maintainability
- Find ways to reduce operating and maintenance costs, extend the life of equipment, and increase energy efficiency
- Assess the capability to achieve the mechanical design intent
70% Verification Activities
- Visit sites to troubleshoot issues, assess existing conditions, and verify performance
- Support project specific commissioning budgets, plans, procedures, and schedules
- Produce and distribute commissioning reports
- Facilitate ongoing communication and responsiveness to client questions, expectations and input
- Track noted commissioning issues until resolved
- Address problems and challenges with urgency; collaborate with team Nexus as needed
- Apply learnings to improve commissioning procedures to enhance communications and processes going forward
- Communicate commissioning issues through proper channels in a timely manner
Education, Skills and Experience
- Required Qualifications
- B.S. or Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the building systems / operations field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to translate technical jargon and project related information to meet client needs
- Proven ability to operate with integrity and empathy and build lasting trust-based relationships
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt priorities and shift focus
- Able to hold self and others accountable to drive projects forward
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen, and ability to evaluate cash flow and ROI
- Solid business acumen
- Strong knowledge of general mechanical systems
- Understanding of facility components such as mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Strong knowledge of control strategy
- Understanding of utility analysis and energy savings calculations
- Self-directed and highly organized in approach to work
- Ability to operate effectively at both strategic and tactical levels
- Strong computer skills with competency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bluebeam
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Able to travel approximately 30-50% of the time and accommodate flexible scheduling
- PE and/or CXA certification
- Experience working with K-12 facilities, programs, and priorities
Nexus Solutions partners with its clients and communities to build long-lasting educational and professional environments. We provide facility planning expertise, proven financial know-how, innovative designs and a single source of accountability.
Consider joining our dynamic and collaborative team! We are currently looking for a Commissioning Technician to help build relationships, solve system problems and improve building system operations.
In this position, you would ensure the mechanical systems touched by Nexus Solutions projects function as intended and that the owner is satisfied with the final product. This position can be located in any of our three offices—Milwaukee WI, Madison WI or Maple Grove MN.
We are looking for candidates who have at least 5 years of experience in controls, building systems or HVAC service. Desired traits include initiative, resourcefulness, problem-solving and teamwork.
Please contact Stu Sirjord, Director of Commissioning, at email@example.com or 763-237-4193 if interested in exploring this opportunity.