Existing Buildings – Energy Engineer - Denver, CO
Group14 Engineering is seeking an Energy Engineer. This is a hybrid position, allowing you to work from the office and home. You will spend about 20% of your time in clients’ buildings. Applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- 0-5 years of experience with commercial buildings, preferably with experience in MEP design, energy services, commissioning, controls, or other related consulting.
- Working knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics, commercial HVAC, and building control systems
- Physically located in the Denver metro area with the ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Programming skills to customize building analytics software (SkySpark experience preferred)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in engineering from an accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or other related energy credential is a plus
- Design and execute monitoring plans to analyze HVAC energy performance of new and existing buildings.
- Configure and customize SkySpark software to monitor buildings.
- Support energy projects with review of documentation, utility analysis, Energy Conservation Measure (ECM) savings calculations, and report writing.
- Execute field work to review equipment operation, perform energy audits, and test equipment
- Perform other general analysis and report writing for projects including portfolio decarbonization and emissions studies.
Why Group 14?
Founded in 1992 and based in Denver, Colorado, Group14 is a 55-person consulting firm committed to
improving the energy and resource efficiency of the built environment. When you join Group14, you become part of an employee-first company focused on:
- Making an impact in the communities we serve;
- Building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce;
- And, providing our employees with the support to advance in their careers.
This is a full-time position and offers the following:
- Salary range: $60,000-$80,000
- Annual bonuses
- Company-paid employee health insurance
- Four weeks of PTO and 10-paid holidays
- 401K, short & long-term disability, dental insurance, and paid family leave
- Alternative transportation credit/reimbursement
- Education loan assistance
- Annual education stipend
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Charitable giving match and two days of paid volunteer time
1) Cover letter
3) Writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Existing Buildings – Energy Engineer” in the subject line.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Therefore, our policy is to provide equal opportunity to both job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of hiring and employment, including, but not limited to selection, training, promotion, termination, transfer, compensation and promotion.