Intermediate / Senior Commissioning Agent - British Columbia
Stantec in British Columbia has an opportunity for an Intermediate / Senior Commissioning Agent to join our Western Canadian Commissioning Team under our Buildings Engineering Practice in Vancouver. While the opportunity is based out of Vancouver, project locations throughout British Columbia and Western Canada may require travel for short periods. Remote work strategies may be considered based on project requirements and direct supervisor approval.
- Managing and delivering Commissioning Services for valued clients and their projects throughout British Columbia.
- Develop Cx plans and specifications.
- Attend Cx pre-proposal meetings, Cx kick-off meetings and additional meetings as required for designated Cx projects.
- Execute and manage commissioning assignments encompassing both in office and on-site activities and requirements.
- Monitor Cx activities on an ongoing basis to ensure timely and efficient completion of Cx work and ensure compliance of project contract Cx requirements.
- Develop and / or maintain documentation of Cx projects and milestone events in completion of Cx projects to provide timely and uniform periodic management information reports. Review project schedules for commissioning events and provide feedback for Cx budget reports.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or a related field. P.Eng designation is required.
- Minimum of five to seven years of related work experience in Commissioning Programs and / or Performance Testing Fields specific to Buildings Projects within institutional and commercial markets.
- Understanding and experience in troubleshooting mechanical (HVAC and fire protection systems) and electrical building systems with direct field related experience.
- Understanding and experience troubleshooting building automation / controls systems with direct field related experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience related to commissioning methods, materials, equipment, and contractual requirements for public works (federal / provincial and municipal)
- Able to qualify for security clearance based on client requirements.
- Knowledge of cost, scheduling control techniques and ability to apply same to all commissioning projects. Specific experience in implementing project schedules (utilizing Microsoft Project, Prima Vera, etc.).
- Valid 5 Class driver’s license