Managing Director Commissioning - North America
HDR is a market leader in Europe for commissioning and is expanding to our North America region. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking a key leadership role to grow a business and team.
In this role, you will lead our commissioning team and partner with our firm’s building engineering and architecture leadership to develop multi-sector growth strategies for our robust commissioning program. In this role, you’ll split your time between strengthening client relationships and driving day-to-day business operations.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to build relationships with some of our most unique clients. You’ll get to know their mission, vision, culture and goals, with the objective of collaborating on unrivaled building commissioning solutions.
More specific duties include:
Path to Goal
- Identify, monitor and support attainment of net fee booked plans by driving consistent communication across the organization, in coordination with the commissioning, architecture and engineering practice leaders
- Focus on developing the path to achieve business goals
Client Development Leadership & Assistance
- Assist and collaborate within the commissioning sector and with other sector and service leaders in defining opportunities and engagement strategies for clients
- Serve as a key client manager for selected clients
Strategic and Sector Pursuit Leadership
- Drive the identification and development of new business opportunities in the commissioning market, including strategy for positioning, proposing, and presenting on business development campaigns
- Demonstrate the ability to understand our client’s purchasing decisions, and leverage our skills, experience and staff to create a winning offering
Strategy Initiative Development
- Engage partnering market sectors and regional leadership in the development and execution of commissioning initiatives and opportunities identified during strategic planning and annual strategy alignment meetings
- Coordinate the alignment of internal operational aspects of successful project delivery
- Ensure successful project delivery, workload forecasting, staff recruitment and development, and staff performance management
- Effectively leverage company-wide project delivery tools and systems
- Conduct contract negotiation and management
- Partner with key accounting leadership to monitor financial aspects of business operations
- Serve as liaison with other regional commissioning leadership in respect to global account management, national and global marketing and communications, internal communications and technical development
- Work closely with our safety team in developing guidance and safe work systems that relate to the commissioning effort across multiple business groups, including development and refinement of company-wide safety protocols and management KPIs
- 10+ years building commissioning experience at the project management level.
- Works cooperatively with other business class regional directors, operations managers, technical directors and marketing managers on business class efforts
- Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or closely related field
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- Certified Energy Manager(CEM)
- Associate Commissioning Professional (ACP)
- Well versed in building commissioning industry standard and governance. Including ASHRAE, CIBSE, BSRIA, LEED, WELL BREEAM etc
- Member of the Building Commissioning Association BCXA
- You are a focused, goal-minded individual and a natural connector of people.
- You are a polished professional with impeccable listening skills and an ability to maintain laser focus.
To apply, please visit here