City of Brampton -
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision.
POSTING NUMBER: 103834
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $79,926.00 - $89,917.00 PER ANNUM
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $99,908.00 PER ANNUM
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Energy Management, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the coordination & implementation of Energy Management projects at City-owned facilities, ensuring assigned projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the standards required by legislation and the City.
1. Project Coordination. Facilitate the development, implementation and verification of energy efficiency and conservation projects.
· Support project teams with the implementation or upgrade of building automation and control systems including commissioning of these systems
· Contribute to the overall development of the commissioning process for building automation and control to ensure best practices for energy conservation and operations
· Develop business case elements including budget costs, savings, funding and scheduling in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
· Create requests for services including proposals or quotations for consultants with one focus area being building automation and control
· Prepare contract documents and manage consultants as required
· Identify and continuously monitor project risks including costs, savings, funding and scheduling to ensure minimal impact to client programs
· Facilitate program information for the preparation of implementation plans, obtain relevant information from other departments or authorities having jurisdiction and write verification reports on business case elements at project closeout.
· Coordinate the work of service contractors as it relates to existing energy management systems
· Act as liaison between internal staff and external consultants/contractors on energy management and conservation initiatives including energy targets and provide recommendations to the Supervisor
· Support the management of the City’s portfolio of electric vehicle charging stations
2. Building Automation and Control Administration. Lead the oversight of systems that provide automation and control for City facilities.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software systems that control facility systems including heating, ventilation, air conditioning and lighting
· Upgrade and document building automation systems according to best practices
· Coordinate with Digital Innovation and IT to ensure infrastructure is maintained to current standards
· Provide support to Operations for any issues with building automation systems and associated maintenance contracts
3. Project Administration. Ensure project schedules and budgets are on target
· Submit schedules and budget estimates of project deliverables to Supervisor for approval.
· Identify risks to minimize impacts on project schedules and budgets
· Track change orders and progress payments
· Maintain filing system per corporate standards for project plans, specifications, schedules, budget and correspondence.
4. Monitoring, Tracking and Verification. Maintain and further develop a monitoring, tracking and verification program that will optimize the performance of energy systems that consume electricity and gas
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish standard operating procedures as it relates to energy systems
· Maintain logs, expand analytics and adjust sequences of operation for building automation systems as part of continuous improvement
· Further develop process for tracking energy end uses with sub-meters and analytics software
· Coordinate on-site inspections including building automation and sub-metering reviews to ensure compliance with current standards
· Manage project site reports, status updates, meeting minutes, schedule and budget
5. Consulting and Training. Provide advice on best practices for building energy efficiency with a focus on building automation and control systems
6. Data Management. Support the City’s utility data management system including: reviews for quality assurance and business continuity as well as response to queries to meet external and internal reporting requirements
7. Reporting. Support the coordination of energy and greenhouse gas emissions reports as required by provincial regulations. Assist in the development of automated systems to report corporate key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Post secondary diploma/degree (3-year minimum) and/or professional engineering designation in Energy Management. An electrical engineering degree is preferred.
· A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in energy management and facility operational experience
· Proficiency with software and hardware systems for building automation and control as well as HVAC data analytics
· Experience with electric vehicle charging stations is an asset
· Project management experience, with proven ability to create and interpret business cases and financial proposals as well as identify project risks
· Collaborative approach to managing projects to achieve consensus with various stakeholders
· Highly skilled in measurement & verification to validate project savings and CMVP designation is an asset
· Experience in benchmarking building energy and water performance
· Proficiency with data visualization software and reporting systems
· Effective report writing skills, presentation & communication skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel and Utility Tracking Software
· In-depth knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, lighting and building envelope
· A valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “G” and the use of a personal vehicle to travel to various City of Brampton sites.
· Must be flexible to work variable hours
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Management and Administration
Applications must be received by: January 15, 2021
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103834 by January 15, 2021 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.