Senior Building Enclosure Consultant | Denver, CO
Group14 Engineering, PBC is a 49-person engineering consulting firm committed to improving the energy, resource efficiency and health effects of the built environment. We provide building certification consulting, commissioning, energy modeling and existing building services.
We are focused on providing a workplace culture that fosters excellent work while maintaining a work-life balance. We embrace diversity and inclusion and we strive to provide an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We are committed to ensuring that our company includes a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and skills to provide better solutions, drive innovation and creativity, and enhance decision making.
We are a Certified B Corporation and Just Organization. We have been recognized as “Best for the World” by B Lab for Overall, Governance and Environment. Our LEED Platinum office is located east of downtown Denver in the historic Uptown neighborhood.
We are hiring a self-motivated and creative Senior Building Enclosure Consultant with excellent technical and written & verbal communication skills to conduct critical design, pre-construction, and construction phase enclosure commissioning tasks. Our Commissioning Team works mostly in Colorado and adjacent states. Our exciting and challenging projects include laboratories, higher education and K-12, healthcare, office, and recreation facilities among many others. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to energy efficiency and customer service, a responsible work ethic, and the ability to coordinate amongst a diverse array of team members.
- 10+ years of relevant direct experience in building enclosure systems
- Expertise in building enclosure systems including waterproofing, air/water/thermal/vapor barriers, claddings, fenestration, and roofing
- Advanced understanding of building science and the ability to apply knowledge to new and existing construction and varied climate zones.
- General understanding of energy use in buildings
- Previous experience conducting or overseeing field testing including ASTM E779, E1105, AAMA 501.1, 501.2, etc.
- Ability to travel outside the Denver metro area (overnight to conduct work) up to 20% of the time.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related.
- Familiarity with THERM,WUFI, or other analytical modeling program.
- Experience with cloud-based commissioning software.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, excellent organization, and time management skills.
- Registered Architect, Professional Engineer (PE), or Engineer in Training (EIT) with the intent to pursue a PE is a plus.
- Experience with business development
- Commissioning experience and commissioning certifications are also a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour Certification.
- Provide technical reviews of building enclosure system project documents including drawings and specifications throughout the design process, from schematic design to CDs.
- Recommend best practices to the design and construction team for enclosure systems, including waterproofing, air-barriers, thermal-barriers and cladding.
- Review and make recommendations to specifications for cladding, water-management, air-barrier, and thermal systems.
- Develop and/or provide input on the building enclosure basis-of-design, owner project requirements, BECx and building enclosure testing specifications, commissioning plan, and other relevant documents.
- Facilitate design and construction meetings related to building enclosure systems and provide on-going support to the entire project team.
- Review construction administration related to building enclosure system submittals and shop drawings.
- Prepare and review installation verification checklists for building enclosure systems.
- Conduct field observations and prepare field reports on the status of installations and noted deficiencies for building enclosure systems.
- Provide hands-on field support and perform whole-building air leakage testing.
- Engage and procure building enclosure testing agencies and oversee field testing.
- Collaborate and work with clients, design team, contractors, and their representatives.
- Help develop a strategic business plan for building enclosure services.
- Develop business with existing and new clients and draft building enclosure proposals.
- Mentor staff and develop the building enclosure consulting team.
- This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
- Salary range: $80,000-$110,000
- Annual bonuses
- Retirement plan with socially responsible investment options and company match
- Health insurance and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Family leave
- 9-paid holidays, plus paid personal-time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Alternative transportation payment (e.g. get paid to ride your bike, walk, etc.)
- Flexible schedules
- Annual education stipend and professional memberships
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Charitable giving policy
Please include the following in your correspondence:
- A cover letter that includes:
a. An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
b. The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Group14 team.
- Your resume.
- A writing sample.
- Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of you and your work.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Maria Pinon, email@example.com. Include “Senior Building Enclosure Consultant” in the subject line. Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a successful first interview, a second interview will be scheduled.
Group14 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, military obligation, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. It is therefore our policy and practice to provide equal opportunity to all job applicants and employees in all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.