Senior Commissioning Authority | Rochester, NY
Pathfinder Engineers & Architects is seeking a qualified Commissioning Authority who will be responsible for the overall supervision of Building Systems Commissioning projects for commissioning and retro-commissioning projects. The Commissioning Authority will verify the A/E design team's and the Owner's design intent and design criteria to be used for commissioning.
- Perform site visits, as necessary, to observe component and document component system installations.
- Accomplish a statistical review of construction focusing on the Owner's design intent and quality requirements.
- Attend selected construction progress and pre-installation job-site meetings to obtain information on construction progress.
- Review construction progress meeting minutes for revisions/substitutions related to the Owner's design intent. Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Must be able to communicate with a variety of individuals; must be able to provide and follow verbal and written instructions/directions and respond to inquiries.
- Certification as a Commissioning Agent, such as CxA or BCxA.
- Professional Engineering license in New York State desired.
- LEED AP certification desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years previous commissioning / engineering experience desired.
- General understanding of all mechanical, plumbing and electrical building systems.
- Understanding of appropriate design and national, state and local codes.
- Ability to utilize computer systems to effectively manage projects.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and project teams.
- Must have developed the following skills: communications, decision making, job knowledge, judgment, planning and organization, leadership and problem solving.
Must be able to frequently perform strenuous physical activity including but not limited to: stand for eight or more hours at a time, move in rugged or unstable conditions, work in adverse weather, handle or feel objects, tools or controls which may not be visible, reach overhead. Occasionally may be required to climb or balance (including stairs and ladders), stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to move about the work area and travel to work-sites as needed or required
Check out our website at www.Pathfinder-ea.com
Submit your resume to HumanResources@pathfinder-ea.com