Senior Commissioning Engineer - Washington, D.C.
Founded in 2006, Baumann Consulting provides energy efficiency and sustainability consulting services for the entire lifecycle of buildings. As a transatlantic organization, we have offices in Washington D.C., Chicago, and Frankfurt, Germany. Our team works on innovative and high-performance projects for local and global clients, while using cutting-edge technology to deliver world-class services.
Baumann Consulting is looking for a Senior Commissioning Engineer for our office in Washington, D.C.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
- Participate in and contribute to the Washington DC Leadership team.
- Plan and direct the day-to-day operations of the commissioning team (the service area).
- Manage and monitor projects across the service area for quality, profitability, and meeting client expectations.
- Manage resource utilization to ensure the resources meet utilization goals and are available when needed.
- Develop the service area team by determining staffing requirements and by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training talent.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and finalize projects according to the specifications and deadlines.
- Perform and support project related tasks according to your expertise level for
- Commissioning and retro-commissioning
- Building enclosure commissioning
- Benchmarking and Energy Audits
- Condition Assessments
- Retro-fit analysis, including design and specification of system and equipment replacements
- Develop and maintain client relationships and professional network.
- Generate leads and opportunities for the service area that result in project awards and billable work.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Cx position showing growth in responsibility.
- Commissioning Certification (BCxP, CCP, or CxA).
- Additional Professional Certifications preferred (such as CEM, BEAP, LEED AP, etc.).
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including quantitative analysis, and the ability to solve problems creatively.
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures for mechanical, electrical, and other systems and components for commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings and facilities
- Knowledge and ability to understand architectural, mechanical, electrical, controls, structural, plumbing, and civil engineering drawings and specifications.
- Willingness to pursue continuing education.
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Baumann Consulting is an equal opportunity employer with a great work atmosphere and excellent benefits including:
- flexible work time and home office
- 8 paid Holidays plus 4 weeks of paid Vacation and Sick Leave, increased to 5 weeks after 2 years
- Creative/research time budget
- continuous professional development support and allowance
- Company-paid Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company-paid ST/LT Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer contributions
- Company-paid Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
If you feel that you are qualified and motivated for this position, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.