Senior Commissioning Project Manager | Sacramento, CA
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees have earned us the Great Place to Work certification for several consecutive years! Farnsworth Group is a 130-year old, employee-owned full-service Engineering, Architecture and Land Surveying firm with approximately 500 employees. We can provide employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Senior Commissioning Project Manager in the Sacramento, CA area. This position reports to the Director of Commissioning.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded leader who enjoys the challenges associated with working in teams, project leadership, and complex projects. A successful candidate exhibits a strong work ethic, broad range of technical knowledge, intellectual curiosity, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence and motivate people.
- Manages complex or large commissioning projects.
- Client manager responsible for satisfaction of key strategic clients.
- Evaluates and improves our commissioning and project management processes.
- Advises management on opportunities in marketplace and upcoming trends in area of expertise.
- Provides Quality Control for commissioning reviews of design documents, equipment submittals, shop drawings, and test and balance reports.
- Develops or provides Quality Control for Functional Performance and Integrated Systems Tests for large, complex MEP systems.
- Leads field testing efforts and manages commissioning issue resolution.
- A working knowledge of the LEED v4 and v4.1 rating systems is a plus.
- A working knowledge of Monitoring Based Commissioning platforms (sky spark, copper tree, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in Net Zero Energy or other High-Performance Building projects involving Measurement and Verification implementation is a plus.
- Experience with Building Enclosure Commissioning tests, workflows, and field coordination is a plus.
Specific Requirements include:
- BS Degree in Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Construction Management.
- 5+ years of experience in commissioning or a technical consulting field such as facility design, engineering, energy audits, construction management or related area.
- Strong knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systems.
- Previous commissioning experience with government facilities, higher education, k-12, health care, mission critical, and/ or commercial facilities.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships and collaborative teams both internally and with other organizations.
- Previous experience with winning teamwork, leadership, and highly collaborative environments.
- Strong background with using software and tablet devices to maximize site observations and efficiency of commissioning tasks.
Ability to travel nationally.
- Registered professional engineering license and/or commissioning certifications.
- Previous experience with retro-commissioning of existing facilities.
- Energy engineering experience including energy auditing or energy modeling.
- Additional Certifications: PMP, CEM, Federal projects experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Professional Development and Training
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.