Farnsworth Group | Los Angeles, CA
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Senior Commissioning Project Manager in our Los Angeles, CA office. In this role, you will execute building commissioning and energy projects from planning through operations with minimal supervision.
The position entails management of local project work with the ability to expand outside of the LA metro areas into Orange County to San Diego for a wide variety of clients and facility types. Farnsworth Group’s work-sharing and collaborative culture will expand the candidate’s interaction with multiple national offices and projects. Project Manager responsibilities include execution of building commissioning and energy projects from planning through operations with minimal supervision.
Specific Requirements include:
• BS Degree in Architectural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management. Technical related degrees may be considered.
• 5 – 15 years of experience in commissioning or a technical consulting field such as facility design, engineering, construction management or related area.
• Strong knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systems.
• Previous commissioning experience with higher education, k-12, health care, mission critical, and/or commercial facilities.
• Previous LEED® and/or sustainable design project experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships and collaborative teams both internally and with other organizations.
• Previous experience with winning teamwork, leadership and highly collaborative environments.
• Strong background with using software and tablet devices to maximize site observations and efficiency of commissioning tasks.
• Knowledge of fault detection and diagnostics preferred.
• Coordinate integration of SkySpark or similar software with building automation systems.
• Experience with software tools for acquiring, analyzing energy and operational data from buildings.
• Ability to travel.
• Local knowledge of the Southern California regional market.
• Ability to supervise staff and verify quality of client deliverables.
• Prior experience in business development and marketing of building commissioning, condition assessment or energy related services.
• Registered professional engineering license.
• Commissioning Authority or other commissioning certifications.
• Previous experience with retro-commissioning of existing facilities.
• Energy engineering experience including energy auditing or energy modeling.
• Additional Certifications: PMP, CEM, LEED® GA or AP Federal projects experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
• Medical/Dental Plans
• Prescription Drug Program
• Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Time-off Benefits
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. With a rich 125-year history, we are an employee-owned company that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
For immediate consideration:
Please Apply Online by visiting the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer. CX100