Senior Commissioning Specialist - Portland, OR
Ameresco is currently seeking a skilled Senior Commissioning Specialist to join our team in Portland, Oregon. This position will primarily support projects in the Metro area with some travel required throughout the state of Oregon, and Southwest Washington.
- Provide technical support throughout installation, commissioning, and start-up of mechanical, electrical, and environmental control systems at new and existing buildings.
- Review designs of mechanical/electrical plans and specifications for each system or unit.
- Create pre-functional and functional performance test procedures.
- Manage start-up process and implement checklists for use by mechanical contractors.
- Perform field inspections, witness equipment start-ups, and test and balance activities.
- Complete functional performance tests and oversee process with contractors.
- Review and optimize building controls and energy management systems.
- Participate on project teams to reduce energy use and demand.
- Prepare commissioning reports to communicate overall results.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred; or a related technical degree; or four years of work-related experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience working in the field of HVAC Commissioning, building controls, or building operations.
- Valid Driver's license in good standing, issued by resident state is required.
- Experience with managing and executing commissioning of HVAC and control systems for new or existing building retrofits.
- Professional Commissioning Certification is helpful.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical systems and controls, HVAC system analysis, with exposure to facility operations and mechanical installation on projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VSD's, HVAC design/retrofit, building automation, and energy conservation.
- MS Office proficiency required with Excel and Word experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer communication and technical presentation skills.
- Duties may require physical activity including, accessing roofs, climbing ladders, and lifting and/or carrying up to 60 pounds of equipment.
For a full job description and to apply online, please visit our website: https://ameresco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Ameresco/job/United-States---Oregon---Portland/Senior-Commissioning-Specialist_R1727