Vice President or Director - Commissioning
Manage Commissioning Department. Responsible for department profit/loss.
Duties include client development in U.S. and other countries; preparing fee estimates; supervising proposal development; recruiting, developing, and overseeing commissioning staff members; coordinating with project owners, architects, and engineers; writing commissioning plans; overseeing design reviews; managing use of commissioning software system; monitoring expenses to meet budget constraints; and addressing client-specific requirements.
Lead the Commissioning Department in a dynamic and profitable manner based on firm’s core value of delivering client satisfaction through quality service and timely completion.
- Manage national commissioning practice.
- Recruit, hire, and retain outstanding employees.
- Train employees and encourage career growth.
- Establish specific goals for employees and conduct periodic performance evaluations.
- Provide technical advice and senior-level suggestions.
- Organize projects and develop standards and guidelines.
- Manage monthly billing process.
- Responsible for attaining the department’s financial goals and objectives.
- Develop and refine methodologies, tools, and standards for an evolving commissioning practice. Responsible for staying current in relevant industry developments and technological advancements.
- Manage the review of designs, equipment submittals, O&M manuals, start-up reports, checklists, and training programs for overall compliance with owner requirements and commissioning plans.
- Manage commissioning site visits, evaluate new and existing systems, witness of equipment start- up, direction and performance of testing.
- Manage relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Coach and mentor sales pursuits and proposal development to obtain work.
- Facilitate pursuit strategy, capture plan development, go/no-go decisions in order to pre-sell projects before RFP release.
- Lead or facilitate proposal development.
- Lead negotiation process for projects after selection
- Ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Minimum of 4 years of commissioning management experience. Minimum of 8 years of commissioning engineering experience. (Time periods may overlap.)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited program preferred. Master's degree in engineering, architecture, or MBA a plus.
- Professional Engineer in any state. NCEES Record or ability to qualify for same preferred (minimizes time required to becoming licensed in other states).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to complete projects on time.
- Excellent marketing presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail. Ability to quality-review work.
- Subject matter expert in commissioning, retro-commissioning, building automation, and energy management.
- Strong team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research and apply new innovations and technology.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Certified by one or more:
- ACG as a Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
- BCA as a Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- ASHRAE as a Building Commissioning Professional (BCxP).
- LEED accredited by USGBC.
- Subject matter expertise in central utility plants, data centers, healthcare facilities, laboratories, water/wastewater facilities, controls, building envelope, TAB, NETA electrical testing, renewable energy, and/or other specialties.
- Ability to travel 25 % of the time.
- Must be able to qualify for security access authorization to facilities and data of existing and potential clients, including but not limited to DOE, aerospace, military, automotive manufacturers, pharmaceutical laboratories, medical facilities, and others necessary to sell and complete work.
- Must have completed or be willing to attend OSHA 8 -hour Safety Training Course.
Compensation Range: $150,000 - $250,000 plus bonus
The final agreed upon compensation will be based on a number of factors including but not limited to education, prior work experience, prior management experience, and references. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate in discretionary year-end incentive bonus program.
Our extensive benefits package takes care of you so that you can focus on doing great work. From health and disability insurance to 401k to time off and wellness programs, we provide the tools to meet your needs.
We prefer locating the successful candidate for this position in one of the firm’s existing offices in the south/central states. However, we will consider opening an office in the successful candidate’s current location.
Our firm is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of veteran status, age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital/parental status, or political affiliation.
Submit detailed resume and contact information to email@example.com